- Born: Lewisham, Greater Kent, London, 1907
- Died: Surrey, 1968
- Murder in Blue (1937)
- Midsummer Murder (1937)
- The Case of the Michaelmas Goose (1938)
- Catt Out of the Bag (1939)
- Measure for Murder (1941)
- Subject – Murder (1945)
- Let X Be the Murderer (1947)
- Dead on Time (1948)
- A Bullet for Rhino (1950)
- The Case of the Busy Bees (1952)
- Silence After Dinner (1953)
- Mischief in the Offing (1958)
- There Was a Crooked Man (1960)
- Driven to Kill (1961)
- Villainous Saltpetre (1962)
- Crime in Whispers (1964)
WHAT THE CRITICS SAY
Time and Tide: Is of the Crofts-Wade school of police novelists but snappier than either of his masters.
Daily Telegraph: Written with refreshing vitality and humour, and can produce a neat problem and an ingenious solution.
Daily Graphic: Has mastered his technique.
The Times: Plays fair with the reader from start to finish.
Sunday Times: Has a proper idea of the way in which a detective novel should be constructed. … Has a light hand with policemen.
The Star: Has the stuff in him.